It’s our mission to share our passion for music videos with the world and invite people to experience music beyond listening: to see music.
XITE is dedicated to building the best music video experience in the world. Based in Amsterdam, XITE now reaches 100 million households across multiple territories through linear networks, interactive TV apps and on-demand streaming services. The company revolutionized the way audiences experience music videos by allowing viewers to search, like and skip through its entire catalog, enjoy channels curated by its team of music experts and create their own channel based on a genre, decade, style or mood using its unique Mixer feature. XITE has a full music video catalog through agreements with all major and top independent music labels and distributors, and works to expand this offering every day.
About the role
We are looking for a pro-active Roku Developer, with a passion for making high performance applications, to join our Apps team and who wants to grow with us. You will be responsible for building and improving our music video streaming application on the Roku platform, with smooth playback and fast user interaction. All development is done in house and you will be part of a bigger team of frontend developers, of which 2 are focussing on Roku/ BrightScript development. This focus includes implementing best performance solutions, UX improvements, A/B experiments, new features and much more.
3+ years of experience working on a production application;
Fluent with BrightScript and SceneGraph;
Experience building and releasing Roku applications;
Familiar with Roku certification criteria;
Our Tech Stack
1. Apply: Apply for a role and we will contact you
2. HR Interview: One of our recruiters will contact you, because we'd really like to find out more about you and to see if there is a culture fit between you and XITE. During this interview you can ask all your questions about the company.
3. Technical Assignment: This is your moment to shine and let us know what skills you offer! You get one week to make this assignment. Need more time? Not a problem, just let us know!
We value your time, so if you already have a project you’re proud of, and that you think will impress us, feel free to send that instead.
4. Technical interview: We will dive into your Technical assignment with two XITE colleagues. You will also have the opportunity to ask all your own questions.
5. Offer: Hopefully with our offer we can welcome you to the team of XITE!
Up for the challenge? Then hit that ‘Apply for this Job’ button!