XITE aims to offer the best music video experience in the world. Founded in the Netherlands, XITE now reaches consumers across Europe and North America through interactive TV, on-demand streaming services and linear networks. XITE revolutionized the way audiences experience music videos by allowing viewers to search, like, and skip through its vast catalog; enjoy channels curated by its team of music experts; and create their own channels based on genre, era and visual style using its unique Mixer feature. XITE has an extensive music video catalog through agreements with all major and top independent music labels.
Are you seeking for a young, international and dynamic organization to continue your professional career? Do you have a positive ‘can-do’ and result oriented mindset, do you enjoy being at the beginning of something great and are you looking for a job where your work and passion have immediate impact? Then you might be the person we are looking for!
We’re looking for a strong middle or senior Scala developer. At XITE we’re building geo-distributed backend services for personalised interactive TV which provides our users with curated music videos channels and content recommendations. Our services are distributed across the world to ensure low latency for API calls. As a small backend team we support and develop several business domains in the company: core services to control STB and web-based clients, IAM and various integrations with billing systems, internal AdsTech stack which forms and optimizes ads stream and others. In our daily work we highly use DevOps approach with CI/CD – we design, develop, deploy and maintain our services in production by ourselves.
- Design and develop efficient, scalable and reliable components and services (Core, AdsTech, Billing, internal shared libs, etc)
- Improve on reliability and observability of our production systems
- Writing unit and integrational tests for new and existing features
- Pull requests code review, CI/CD improvements
- Maintain healthy level of documentation for major design decisions
Our tech stack
- Reactive microservices architecture (managed by Kubernetes + Istio)
- Event sourcing (event log on Kafka)
- gRPC for sync communications among services
- Scala (cats, cats-effect, fs2, circe, http4s, monocle, doobie, scalatest)
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, RocksDB
- Monorepo with bazel for builds & deployments
- Prometheus, Grafana, CircleCI
- ClickHouse + Superset for internal analytics, ELK for logs
- At least 2 years of Scala experience
- Minimum 4 years of total software development experience
- Good knowledge of JVM
- Fluency in functional programming paradigm (experience with Typelevel stack)
- Knowledge of standard algorithms and data structures
- Basic Linux / POSIX skills
- Experience developing RESTful API services, using relational and non-relational databases
- Understanding of concurrency and parallelism paradigms
- Proactiveness and good communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Bazel
- Experience in streaming processing
- Experience in performance optimizations
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries (preferably in ClickHouse)
- Basic data engineering skills
- Background in TDD, BDD, load testing, high availability and other software engineering best practices
What do you get out of it?
Superheroes don’t always get enough recognition for their work, but here at XITE we make sure you’re taken care of by providing you the opportunity to develop your career in a young, fast-growing international company. We provide a challenging (agile) work environment where professionalism, initiative and creativity are a must. We have a unique combination of music, television and new technology.
And let’s not forget; we have chef prepared lunches, Friday afternoon drinks and rooftop parties (post Corona!) We are welcoming to anyone who'd like to contribute to making XITE a truly global organization and to make the best working environment for all employees. We encourage you to join us as we change the way the world consumes music videos. If you want to experience what XITE stands for, watch our product reel.
Up for the challenge? Then hit that ‘Apply for this Job’ button!